Business Coaching: A Quick GuideTime, money and manpower are limited resources in any business setting, especially in competitive and fast-moving economies like Dubai and Abu Dhabi. You are always under pressure to do more with less. You must enhance your performance while elevating that of your team.
How do you optimise your resources? How do you raise your game? There are a lot of tools to help you – from books and seminars to training and consultancy, but all these will cost you either in terms of time or money. Business coaching is one of the most effective and proven solutions to help you overcome current challenges and to strategise for the future.
Just as you wouldn’t expect a top athlete, no matter how gifted and hardworking, to succeed without a good coach, the same applies to managers at all levels. Having someone beside you to provide personalised support and a needed outside perspective can give you the extra edge to succeed.
Recent research has demonstrated that individualised coaching achieves quantifiable results. For instance:
- MetrixGlobal LLC conducted a recent study showing that companies that invested in coaching received an average return of $7.90 for every $1 invested.
- Another MetrixGlobal study on leadership in a Fortune 500 firm linked a 529% return on investment and other important non-quantifiable benefits to business coaching.
- The Personnel Management Association showed in a study that when training is combined with coaching, managers can lift their productivity by 86% versus 22% when they only receive training.
- A recent field study looking at results of individual coaching, self-coaching and group training in reducing procrastination found that recipients of individual coaching were more satisfied and felt that they were better able to achieve their goals.
Coaching Basics: Expectations & ResultsIf you haven’t considered using a coach until now, there are some compelling reasons for you to start.
- Everyone can benefit from coaching.
A coach is typically a person with a versatile background, combining experience in training and management, with the ability to help you identify your challenges, set your targets and hold you accountable in a way you would not be able to do on your own.
Can business coaching deliver tangible & intangible results efficiently?Coaching provides customised support to individuals to identify and overcome their own specific constraints – whether internal like personality makeup or external, like the marketplace.
These are just a few of the benefits of coaching:
1. Leaving your comfort zoneA business coach can challenge you and drive you more than anyone else in your organisation.
2. Receiving personalised supportA business coach will be able to deliver industry insights to you rapidly and concisely, while understanding the special challenges you face.
3. Getting direct, honest feedbackYour business coach will tailor a personalised program for you and will be able to give you honest observations and advice, helping you to focus better, improve your confidence while acting as a sounding board for ideas.
4. Getting support in developing strategy, setting targets and achieving resultsA business coach straddles the gap between the often overly, theoretical world of consultants and the day to day down and dirty field of real business. This can help you identify the strategies, solutions and improvements that will work in your business environment.
5. Getting a confidante and extra resourceYour business coach’s first loyalty is to you and his/her objective is to enable you to succeed by helping identify your weaknesses and strengths, overcoming the first and building on the second.
6. Having accountabilityA business coach will remind you of the commitments you have made to yourself/business and spur your forwards.
7. Improved networking opportunitiesA business coach is your advocate, both inside and outside the organisation. When you hire a qualified and experienced coach, your range of contacts expand.
Business Coaching Works: Get the Support You Need TodayStill wondering about how coaching can benefit you and your business? It’s difficult to know unless you really try it. At Kaizen Consulting Group, we provide hundreds of companies around the world with constant support and guidance to create a culture of accountability and leadership, and to develop a clear strategy for future growth. Along with the many positive results that this has had on their businesses, it’s also helped them increase revenue by an average of 41%.
Murtaza Manji, an award-winning business strategy coach and international speaker, who is also the co-founder of Kaizen Consulting Group, developed “The Kaizen System” which combines the most interesting and effective coaching principles. The system concentrates on delivering results by focusing on PEOPLE & PROCESSES. Many companies have seen the growth that Kaizen coaching has brought to their life and business. If you’d like to see the same for you, get in touch with us to learn more. We’re happy to answer any questions you may have, and we're also offering a free one-hour consultation with Murtaza if you’d like to get the feel of how it works; click here to contact us now.